Global Trade Review (GTR), the world’s leading news source, publisher and event organiser for the global trade, commodity, export and supply chain finance industries, returns to Singapore for its ninth year to host GTR Asia Trade & Treasury Week. The event will take place at Marina Bay Sands on 5-8 September.
The event continues to build on its renowned reputation as the largest and most popular trade finance gathering anywhere in the world, and will provide an effective and impartial marketplace for all involved in trade, commodity and export finance.
“This last year has seen global trade brought back to the top of the global news agenda, as various geopolitical developments have placed globalisation and the importance of countries trading freely firmly in the spotlight,” says Jeff Ando, Production Director at GTR Events. “FTAs, protectionism and the role of China will all be addressed, while commodity trends, trade financing gaps and the role of disruptive technology will also dominate discussions; with a significant part of the programme also devoted to issues impacting on corporate treasury.”
Days one and two will focus on agenda topics including:
· Protectionism vs multilateralism, realignment towards China, economic trends and scenarios
· Trade finance gaps in 2017: The impact on trade, growth and jobs
· The Belt & Road Initiative: The jewel in Asia’s crown?
· Great expectations: How is the industry preparing for the era of fintech-enabled trade finance?
· Trader perspectives on the commodity rebound and challenges in structured commodity finance
· Country profiles: Vietnam, the Philippines, India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka
· Understanding potential threats to trade and economic stability in Asia
· The role of insurers in managing and mitigating risk in uncertain times
· Managing and financing Asia’s supply chains and the importance of working capital optimisation
· Achieving sustainable trade: The challenges ahead
· Are more investors accessing the trade finance market? What are they looking for?
· The business of treasury: Operational challenges and the strategic environment
Don’t miss your chance to join leading corporates and trade specialist for days of discussion, debate and networking.
WHEN: 5-8 September
WHERE: Marina Bay Sands, Singapore